These are some of the tasks which a VSA can assist you with your business productivity.
- Virtual System Admin can perform daily monitoring and remediation tasks through alerts generated by your RMM
- Finding and analyzing critical event logs and root cause deduction
- Understanding patterns in error or alert generation and compiling a historical overview of critical issues.
- Servicing and health auditing tasks along with continuous patch management of your IT infrastructure.
- Tuning thresholds for critical events for multiple components like processor, storage, memory, network utilization and more.
- Following best practices and industry standards for all remediation, monitoring and documentation tasks.
Backup and Disaster Recovery:
- Installation and configuration of backup solutions
- Completely vendor-agnostic and support across multiple solutions and platforms
- Assessment of your environment in terms of your backup needs and deploying solutions to match your needs.
- Performing regular updates and health checks
- Complete Disaster Recovery Management
- Setting up backup thresholds and alerts and comprehensive documentation
- Security and AV management encompassing deployment, configuration and maintenance
- Looking after definition updates and licensing status of AV clients.
- Regular cleanup and ensuring optimal health of infected assets
- Sharing best practices with end-users and other staff regarding computer security and threat management.
- Complete management of your domain infrastructure.
- End-to-End assistance with migration and transitioning of your Active Directory infrastructure across multiple platforms
- User and Identity Management
- Deploying and troubleshooting issues related to group policies
- Managing folder redirections and roaming profiles.
- DFS, File Access issues and much more.
- Managing account lockouts
- Troubleshooting critical and advanced issues such as USN rollbacks, lingering objects, orphaned DC removal, secure channel fix, replication issues, FSMO placement etc.
Microsoft Messaging / Exchange:
- Installation and configuration of Microsoft Exchange which includes end-to-end deployment right from scratch to working production setup.
- Migration of On-prem to On-Prem Exchange and On-Prem to Hosted Messaging Solutions including Office 365,Sherweb etc.
- Managing and configuring users encompassing email address policies, Send As/Send On Behalf Permissions, forwarding settings, discovery management, mailbox tuning etc.
- Client Access Issues covering some of the most complex issues with EWS, ActiveSync, OWA, Autodiscover, Outlook Connectivity etc.
- Mailbox management
- Regulating message hygiene including spam monitoring, domain blacklisting issues, mail rejections, NDRs, header tracing.
- Exchange Database Management right from transition, health maintenance, corruption recovery, defragmentation, mailbox import/export and recovery.
- Smart host configuration and co-existence setup.
- Maintaining IIS services and dependant technologies like Sharepoint.
- Certificate issues
- Troubleshooting IIS site access issues.
- Troubleshooting certificate issues with IIS and deploying 3rd party certificates
- Configuring, scheduling and monitoring patch installation on client’s assets.
- Continuous monitoring and remediation of outdated patches and performing upgrades according to stipulated schedules.
- Integration with inhouse or client’s RMM like GFI, Labtech etc for leveraging better automation with plugins like Ninite Pro, AppCare, PatchMyPC for seamless and automated patch management.
- Sending Comprehensive reports for daily, weekly and monthly patch